BONUS BLOG!! Tie up your brown paper packages with string because this is one of my favorite things.
This is the time of the year where a warm cup of cocoa hits the spot after some cold activities outside. But with great cocoa comes great calories. (Someone got that slight reference, right?) I have a fantastic stand in that will only leave you wanting more. MORE CHOCOLATE MINT TEA!
Harney and Sons Chocolate Mint Tea. They have somehow been able to harness a true chocolate flavor with a lingering of cool mint. I don’t know how they did it so perfectly. My friend gave me a tin of it a couple years ago, and after my first cup I quickly went online and ordered two more boxes. I knew I was going to fly through this stuff. Not only did I love it, but The Chef jumped on the band wagon.
Our favorite way to drink it is with hot, with a splash of milk and a teaspoon or two of sugar to make it slightly sweet to give the dulcet sensation of hot cocoa.
- 1 bag of Harney and Son's Chocolate Mint Tea
- 16 oz hot water -- just below boiling
- 1-2 Tbsp milk (coconut milk is delicious too for a non- dairy preference)
- 1-2 tsp of sugar (or to taste, depending on how sweet you like)
- Place the tea bag in your favorite mug. Pour the hot water in the mug. Let it steep for 3-5 minutes. Remove the tea bag. Add the milk and sugar. Stir and enjoy!
- **The more you agitate, stir, or dunk your tea bag in the water, the more tannins are released from the tea leaves. This can lead to a more bitter cup of tea.